A project for disabled children and young people aged
7 – 25 years.
Lockdown January 2021 – Our face-to-face sessions and training will be delivered remotely (online or telephone)
The YOU project provides information and advice from our specialist staff who share their knowledge about services and issues relating to disability with parents/ carers, children and young people. We also offer training around disability awareness and support
professionals and organisations to become fully inclusive in their practice.
- One to one and group work sessions to support personal and social development
- Issue based workshops targeted at specific group needs
- Peer Education and mentoring opportunities
- Disability Advisory Council – city wide youth voice platform
- A range of health promoting activities
- Things to do and places to go to meet new friends
- Information and advice service for families
- Curriculum and pastoral support for schools
- Support, advice and training to promote inclusion in youth projects
Who is it for?
- Disabled children and young people aged 7 – 25 years
- Families of disabled children and young people
- Youth Projects
When and where?
- Disability Advisory Council – Every other Thursday in the month 6 – 8 pm: The Door
- Harthill Youth Club Splice – Tuesdays 6.30 – 8.30 pm
- Childwall Youth Club Splice – Wednesdays 6.30 – 8 .30 pm
- Clubmoor Youth Club Splice – Wednesdays 6.30 – 8.30 pm
- Riverside Youth Club Splice – Thursdays 6.30 – 8.30 pm
- How can I access this service?
- You can make an appointment to come and speak to us or by a professional. Call for more information
- Who can refer me to this service?
- Teachers, Social Workers or Carers. Referral form is at the bottom of this web page.
- When is this activity on?
- See the main description
- How much will it cost me?
- Social media
Follow us on Twitter
- What groups of people is this for?
- People who are physically disabled People with a learning disability People with a sensory disability Young people
- What age groups is this for?
- 17 and under 18-24
- What areas of the city is this for?
- People from anywhere in the city
- All Enquiries
- 0151 702 0700