A project for disabled children and young people aged
7 – 25 years.
The YOU project provides information and advice from our specialist staff who share their knowledge about services and issues relating to disability with parents/ carers, children and young people. We also offer training around disability awareness and support
professionals and organisations to become fully inclusive in their practice.
- One to one and group work sessions to support personal and social development
- Issue based workshops targeted at specific group needs
- Peer Education and mentoring opportunities
- Disability Advisory Council – city wide youth voice platform
- A range of health promoting activities
- Things to do and places to go to meet new friends
- Information and advice service for families
- Curriculum and pastoral support for schools
- Support, advice and training to promote inclusion in youth projects
Who is it for?
- Disabled children and young people aged 7 – 25 years
- Families of disabled children and young people
- Youth Projects
When and where?
- Disability Advisory Council – Every other Thursday in the month 6 – 8 pm: The Door
- Harthill Youth Club Splice – Tuesdays 6.30 – 8.30 pm
- Childwall Youth Club Splice – Wednesdays 6.30 – 8 .30 pm
- Clubmoor Youth Club Splice – Wednesdays 6.30 – 8.30 pm
- Riverside Youth Club Splice – Thursdays 6.30 – 8.30 pm
- How can I access this service?
- You can make an appointment to come and speak to us or by a professional. Call for more information
- Who can refer me to this service?
- Teachers, Social Workers or Carers. Referral form is at the bottom of this web page.
- When is this activity on?
- See the main description
- How much will it cost me?
- Social media
Follow us on Twitter
- What groups of people is this for?
- People who are physically disabled People with a learning disability People with a sensory disability Young people
- What age groups is this for?
- 17 and under 18-24
- What areas of the city is this for?
- People from anywhere in the city
- All Enquiries
- 0151 702 0700