A charity which aims to relieve Liverpool residents of social injustice and poverty.
We are currently focusing on unemployment (this page) and emergency food aid (click to go to the page).
The Micah Liverpool Volunteer Programme
The 9 week programme will help you to develop work based skills, confidence and gain qualifications.
What is Involved?
- Roles include retail, catering, administration, food bank, cleaning and more. All voluntary placements are on the Cathedral site
Practical training and learning opportunities
- Focusing only on practical, useful skills that help people search for, and secure, the right job for them. We also provide vocational courses that strengthen your CV and job applications
Guaranteed interviews when you’re ready for work
- Through extensive employer engagement Micah volunteers can access guaranteed interviews with organisations such as Liverpool Philharmonic and the University of Liverpool
One to one support when needed
- One to one support from one of our co-ordinators to help volunteers create an outstanding CV, prepare for interview or send in an amazing application
- The programme has no religious requirements and welcomes people from any background, culture or faith. We only have two requirements; you must want to get a job and you must be able to commit to the whole course.
- Gain qualifications in First Aid, Health & Safety and Food Hygiene.
Referring on to the Programme
Joining the programme is a 3 step process:
- This is a presentation to explain in more detail exactly what is involved
and expected of you if you come onto the programme. The session usually lasts between 1 and 2 hours and is based at Liverpool Cathedral.
- This is usually completed after the open day presentation but we can send them out before the open day if you know you’re interested in joining the programme
- After attending the open day and completing the application form we will complete a 1-2-1 interview to make sure that we are the right programme for you and you are the right person for the programme
- How can I access this service?
- For the Volunteer Programme, contact Jen Ratcliffe. To discuss running a Recruitability course please contact Paul O’Brien.
- When is this service open?
- General enquiries are answered Monday to Friday 8am-4pm
- How much will it cost me?
- Disabled access
- 10 designated parking bays within its own car park. There is a ramp or slope to access this service. Accessible toilets.
- Social media
- What groups of people is this for?
- The general public
- What age groups is this for?
- Any age
- What areas of the city is this for?
- People from anywhere in the city
- All enquiries
- 0151 702 7206