Dementia awareness training for for family members, friends and community volunteers.
17.03.2020 Venue closures
In line with government recommendations, all National Museums Liverpool venues are temporarily closed to the public until further notice to support efforts to contain the spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
The health and safety of our visitors, volunteers and staff is our top priority and, while we understand many of you will be disappointed by the closures, we do not wish to put people at unnecessary risk.
While our museums and galleries are closed, you can still engage with us online via our website and social media and view highlights from our digitised collections online.
Has your life been touched by dementia? If the answer is yes, then the House of Memories dementia awareness for family carers’ workshop is for you. You will find out more about resources and activities that are available to support you and your loved ones.
This four hour session is an introduction to dementia, using powerful and very personal video stories to explore the challenges presented when supporting someone living with dementia.
The session will provide you with a number of practical approaches to enhancing communication and building positive meaningful relationships, including an opportunity for you to:
- try out our innovative My House of Memories app
- learn about things you can do at home with your loved ones
- find out about the range of dementia-friendly activities you can attend at the museum.
- How can I access this service?
- You can book online by visiting the link above and click ‘Book now’ under ‘Workshop dates’. Alternatively, you can call or email us.
- When is this activity on?
- Monthly on a Thursday 10.30am – 2.30pm
- How much will it cost me?
- Disabled access
- The main entrance is flat, there are automatic doors and there are lifts to all floors. Accessible toilets in all floors. 6 blue badge parking spaces directly opposite the museum entrance.
- Social media
- What groups of people is this for?
- Carers People with dementia
- What age groups is this for?
- What areas of the city is this for?
- People from anywhere in the city
- 0151 478 4240