Dementia awareness training for for family members, friends and community volunteers. The museum is closed temporarily.
Has your life been touched by dementia? If the answer is yes, then the House of Memories dementia awareness for family carers’ workshop is for you. You will find out more about resources and activities that are available to support you and your loved ones.
This workshop is an introduction to dementia, using powerful and very personal video stories to explore the challenges presented when supporting someone living with dementia.
The workshop will provide you with a number of practical approaches to enhancing communication and building positive meaningful relationships, including an opportunity for you to:
- try out our innovative My House of Memories app
- learn about things you can do at home with your loved ones
- find out about the range of dementia-friendly activities you can attend at the museum.
Thursdays 11am – 2.30pm on 14 October and 18 November 2021
The dementia awareness for family and friends sessions are held at the Museum of Liverpool.
- How can I access this service?
- Book onine
- When is this activity on?
- Thursdays 11am – 2.30pm on 14 October and 18 November 2021
- How much will it cost me?
- Disabled access
- The main entrance is flat, there are automatic doors and there are lifts to all floors. Accessible toilets in all floors. 6 blue badge parking spaces directly opposite the museum entrance.
- Social media
- What groups of people is this for?
- Carers People with dementia
- What age groups is this for?
- What areas of the city is this for?
- People from anywhere in the city
- 0151 478 4240