Dementia-friendly drop-in sessions for older people. All are welcome.
17.03.2020 Venue closures
In line with government recommendations, all National Museums Liverpool venues are temporarily closed to the public until further notice to support efforts to contain the spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
The health and safety of our visitors, volunteers and staff is our top priority and, while we understand many of you will be disappointed by the closures, we do not wish to put people at unnecessary risk.
While our museums and galleries are closed, you can still engage with us online via our website and social media and view highlights from our digitised collections online.
Come along to the museum for a nostalgic look at items from the 1940s, 50s and 60s. The sessions are a way of using simple things to start conversations with people, sharing memories and enjoying each other’s company.
From vintage games, to film stars and television, and food and sweets from years gone by, you’ll find a variety of things that can spark memories.
Meet me at the Museum runs four times every month on Fridays from 11am – 1pm. It runs in rotation at the following museums and galleries:
Sudley House 2020: 3 April, 1 May, 5 June, 3 July, 7 August, 4 September, 2 October, 6 November and 4 December
Museum of Liverpool 2020: 20 March, 17 April, 15 May, 19 June, 17 July, 21 August, 18 September, 16 October, 20 November and 18 December
World Museum 2020: 27 March, 24 April, 22 May, 26 June, 24 July, 28 August, 25 September, 23 October, and 27 November
- How can I access this service?
- You don’t need to book, just drop in and join us. Groups can also book a bespoke session, subject to availability.
- When is this activity on?
- Selected Fridays between 11am-2pm. See the main description for specific dates.
- How much will it cost me?
- Disabled access
- All the venues have accessible toilets. Museum of Liverpool: The main entrance is flat. There are automatic doors and there are lifts to all floors. 6 blue badge parking spaces directly opposite the museum entrance. World Museum: The main entrance is flat. There are automatic doors and there are lifts to all floors. A limited number of blue badge parking spaces on William Brown Street, outside the museum. Sudley House: Disabled parking outside the building. The main entrance is accessed via a ramp and there is a lift between all floors.
- Can I bring someone with me?
- You can come on your own and make new friends, or bring a pal along with you.
- Social media
- What groups of people is this for?
- Older people People with dementia
- What areas of the city is this for?
- People from anywhere in the city
- All enquiries
- 0151 478 4240