Leisure and wellbeing activities at a dome-shaped Victorian palm house.
Weekly and monthly activities jump to
one off activities
7:00pm – 8:00pm – Yoga at the palm house with Jade Heart These sessions are for everybody who wishes to connect to themselves through breath, conscious movement and stillness. Any questions please contact
Jade. £10 per session or £40 for 5 classes, payable on the door.
8:30pm – 9:30pm Meditation Enjoy a calming meditation with Buddhist monk Gen Kelsang Jigme. Each session is one hour long and includes a short talk and a guided meditation. £5 (pay on the door)
Love to Move
- 17 May 2022 Monthly on a Tuesday 11-11:45am on Facebook
Chair based and low intensity programme for older people. The Love to Move programme is dementia friendly with singing, memory recall and movements that help to improve balance, strength, flexibility and balance.
- Tuesday 14:00-16:00 on 14 June and 12 July 2022
- Free event
Bring your dancing shoes and step back into an age of elegance to have tea with a twist. There will be foxtrots, quicksteps, cha cha chas and many more. Whether this will be your first experience or you are a Tea Dance regular, release those inhibitions
and join Neil Allcock to dance away the afternoon in stunning surroundings. Make new friends or meet up with old ones in a lovely tea room atmosphere. Everyone is welcome, with or without partners, of all ages and abilities.
One off activities
back to weekly activities
Dementia Friends Training – open to everyone
- 17 May 2022, 12-1pm
- Email to book your place
As part of Memories Week we have organised for training delivered by Dementia Friends.
A Dementia Friend is somebody that learns about dementia so they can help their community.
Too many people affected by dementia feel that society fails to understand the condition they live with. Dementia Friends help by raising awareness and understanding, so that people living with dementia can continue to live in the way they want.
- How can I access this service?
- Some activities needs to be booked in advance. See the main description
- When is this service open?
- Palm House Grounds are open most days 10am – 4pm, some days longer.
- How much will it cost me?
- Most activities are free. See the main description
- Disabled access
- Disabled access is available, although unfortunately we are not able to offer toilet facilities at this time due to restrictions.
- Social media
- What groups of people is this for?
- The general public
- What age groups is this for?
- Any age
- What areas of the city is this for?
- People from anywhere in the city
- All Enquiries
- 0151 726 9304