5km run suitable for beginner runners held in Croxteth Hall Country Park.
In line with the latest guidance on the lifting of restrictions across England, and operating within our already approved COVID-19 framework, we currently
- all 5k parkrun events across England will return on Saturday 5 June 2021.
The route is on paths, although some sections of the course do accumulate mud, leaves and puddles after rain. Dependent on availability, marshals will be at key sections of the course, or signs will be in place.
This single lap flat clockwise route starts at the main hall skirting the edge of the Statue Pond before leading runners into Dam Wood for a short undulating section before heading out onto the woodland paths towards Mull Wood. Following this winding woodland
path around the edge of the park with views of Croxteth Hall Riding School as you begin to head back toward the home.
Full information available on the website.
- Please arrive by foot, by pedal-power or by public transport if you can – your efforts help to reduce our impact on the park and the planet.
- Please consider volunteering to help occasionally – this event survives only because of your generosity. Tasks may be organising the finish funnel, operating the timer, or scanning the runners’ barcodes with our simple barcode readers.
- Please ensure that you are fit enough to walk, jog, run 5k (3.1 miles) with us.
- Please remember that the parkrun uses shared paths. For the continued success of the event, please give way to other park users. This won’t hurt your time, it won’t stop you from getting a PB and it will make sure everyone continues to enjoy the event.
You don’t have to be fast. We all run for our own enjoyment.
- How can I access this service?
- Please register before your first run by going to https://www.parkrun.org.uk/register/ and follow the instruction. Only ever register with parkrun once. Don’t forget to bring a printed copy of your barcode. The run starts at the main hall.
- When is this activity on?
- Suspended until further notice
- How much will it cost me?
- How to get there
- Several bus routes pass by the Park. For information about bus numbers and timetables please contact Merseytravel 0871 200 2233. Croxteth Hall Country Park is situated on Croxteth Hall Lane. If travelling to the park by foot it is advised to use this entrance (underpass from main visitor car park).
- Can I bring someone with me?
- Children under the age of eleven must be accompanied (within arm’s reach) throughout the run by a parent, guardian or appropriate adult of the parent’s choice.
- Social media
Find us on Facebook
- What groups of people is this for?
- The general public
- What age groups is this for?
- Any age
- What areas of the city is this for?
- People from anywhere in the city
- All Enquiries