A scheme in which people with mental health issues are recommended books for self-help reading.
All the books are available in almost all English public libraries where they can be borrowed free of charge.
The books are all endorsed by health experts, as well as people with living with the conditions covered and their relatives and carers. You can be recommended a title by a health professional, or you can visit your local library and take a book out yourself.
There are currently four book lists available:
- How can I access this service?
- Books can be recommended by GPs or other health professionals from the relevant Reading Well Books on Prescription reading list. People can self refer to the scheme without professional help.
- When is this service open?
- Call on number shown for information about local library opening times
- How much will it cost me?
- Books available to borrow free of charge from public libraries
- Social media
- What groups of people is this for?
- The general public
- What age groups is this for?
- Any age
- What areas of the city is this for?
- People from anywhere in the city
- Information about library opening times
- 0151 233 3069