A national club for walkers and climbers with socialist and green ethics.
We go country walking, hill-walking, rock-climbing, and mountaineering, plus the pub and the teashop of course. There is plenty to join in with, whether you want to really stretch yourself, or just gently explore the outdoors.
What makes Red Rope unique?
- Membership and trip charges are all scaled according to income – see membership charges for details.
- We welcome walkers and climbers of all abilities. You don’t need to be experienced, just enthusiastic and willing to join in and contribute.
- We campaign on issues affecting outdoor activities, particularly access to the countryside.
- Trips, transport and cooking are arranged for the whole group – reducing costs, sharing the work and the fun.
- Red Rope supports child carers: children are welcome on most trips.
We organise a monthly day walk which usually attracts between 10 to 18 participants, and an ‘in betweenie’ a fortnight after the main walk, which is less demanding and usually involves about 8 people. We also go away about 4 weekends a year to the Lake District,
the Peak District or north Wales. We hold meetings twice a year to review and plan.
- How can I access this service?
- Just print out the Membership Form (available from our website), fill it in and post it to the membership secretary (address on the form) along with the subscription fee.
- When is this activity on?
- Once you joined, you’ll receive Monthly Information Sheet (MIS) emailed to you, listing all our upcoming walks, climbs and social events for the whole of the UK
- How much will it cost me?
- For 2020 our charges are on a 5 point scale from £13.50 to £55.00 for a year’s membership depending on your income. See the website for the fees table. Plus shared petrol costs and overnight stay fees.
- Social media
Follow us on Facebook
- What groups of people is this for?
- The general public
- What age groups is this for?
- Any age
- What areas of the city is this for?
- People from anywhere in the city