Befriending service that offers companionship to lonely and isolated older people in south Liverpool.
Help for you or someone you know
If you would like to help to end isolation for an older person during this time, please get in touch. We will be matching people for regular phone calls, to help bring a smile to someone’s face and remind them they still matter.
Mobile: 07858 570301
Our trained volunteers (who all have references and DBS checks) will visit individuals in their own home once a week for a chat, to share in an interest or hobby, or to accompany them on a short trip out. The service will ‘match’ volunteers with clients
based on interests and personalities and we hope that good friendships will result.
Our befriending service also runs in-house activities, helping older people to build a new social network.
Service leaflet and client referral form can be found at the bottom of this page.
Volunteering as a befriender
- Particularly in Mossley Hill, Woolton, Garston and Speke.
- You would be matched with one older person for a weekly phone call during lockdown, with the option of moving to in-person visits once allowed.
- Call, text or email for more information
- How can I access this service?
- If you or someone you know would benefit from having a regular visitor, please email or call us. If you are an agency, you can use the referral form at the bottom of this page.
- When is this service open?
- General enquiries are answered Monday – Friday 9am -5pm except public holidays
- How much will it cost me?
- Social media
- DBS checks
- All volunteers are DBS checked, interviewed and trained
- What groups of people is this for?
- Older people
- What age groups is this for?
- 65-79 80+
- Wavertree group please put FAO Rosie in the subject line. For the Mossley Hill group please put FAO Hannah in the subject line