Befriending service that offers companionship to lonely and isolated older people in south Liverpool.
More befriending volunteers needed
- Particularly in Mossley Hill, Woolton, Garston and Speke.
- You would be matched with one older person for a weekly phone call during lockdown, with the option of moving to in-person visits once allowed.
Volunteer Befriender Training
Are you looking for a way to make a difference during lockdown (and beyond)? Then why not come along to an online information session for South
Liverpool Linking Lives and find out if becoming a volunteer befriender could be right for you.
Training will be on Zoom on
- or Monday 23rd November 2020 at 11am.
Help for you or someone you know
If you would like to help to end isolation for an older person during this time, please get in touch. We will be matching people for regular phone calls, to help bring a smile to someone’s face and remind them they still matter.
Mobile: 07858 570301
Our trained volunteers (who all have references and DBS checks) will visit individuals in their own home once a week for a chat, to share in an interest or hobby, or to accompany them on a short trip out. The service will ‘match’ volunteers with clients
based on interests and personalities and we hope that good friendships will result.
Our befriending service also runs in-house activities, helping older people to build a new social network.
Service leaflet and client referral form can be found at the bottom of this page.
Mossley Hill Activities on Wednesday
COVID-19 – We are continuing to offer socially distant support – including phone calls, letters & video chats.
21 October 2020 – face-to-face visits and weekly social groups have been temporarily paused in light of new government restrictions. We will be reviewing this again as soon as Liverpool moves into a lower tier and/or restrictions change.
Come along to our social group for a cup of tea and a chat on the first and fourth Wednesday of every month.
Board games afternoon
We will be hosting a free board games afternoon every second Wednesday of the month. Come along for a cup of tea and a chat over one of our selection of fun games.
Chair exercise class
Have fun and keep moving at our gentle chair exercise class, which will take place
every third Wednesday of the month.
- How can I access this service?
- If you or someone you know would benefit from having a regular visitor, please email or call us. If you are an agency, you can use the referral form at the bottom of this page.
- When is this service open?
- General enquiries are answered Monday – Friday 9am -5pm except public holidays
- How much will it cost me?
- Social media
- DBS checks
- All volunteers are DBS checked, interviewed and trained
- What groups of people is this for?
- Older people
- What age groups is this for?
- 65-79 80+
- Wavertree group please put FAO Rosie in the subject line. For the Mossley Hill group please put FAO Hannah in the subject line