Befriending service aimed at older adults in South Liverpool who find themselves requiring some extra friendship and support, and this is provided through weekly home visits or telephone calls.
Four week rolling activities also available. Wednesdays at Mossley Hill Church.
Refer yourself or someone else
Our main criteria for admission to the scheme is for there to be clear evidence of social isolation and that our service is being requested by the person concerned. We regret that we are unable to arrange visits where there is a diagnosis of advanced dementia
or certain mental health conditions.
We are part of a national network of projects through
Linking Lives UK.
Volunteering as a befriender
We’re looking for volunteers in Liverpool to offer friendship and visit an older person once a week or fortnight for a (socially distant) cup of tea and a chat, or a stroll in the park. Just one hour can make a huge difference to someone’s wellbeing and
help to change a life.
- How can I access this service?
- Telephone, text, email or online form on our website
- Who can refer me to this service?
- We accept referrals from statutory organisations such as social workers, social prescribers, GP’s and health visitors, charities, friends and family members or self-referrals.
- When is this service open?
- General enquiries are answered Monday – Friday 9am -5pm except public holidays
- How much will it cost me?
- Social media
- DBS checks
- All volunteers are DBS checked, interviewed and trained
- What groups of people is this for?
- Older people
- What age groups is this for?
- 65-79 80+
- Wavertree group please put FAO Rosie in the subject line. For the Mossley Hill group please put FAO Hannah in the subject line