Offers courses for Young Adults (16+) with learning disabilities.
Independent Living Skills
The Cookery Skills which are taught at StedyChefs can enable individuals to become more independent when they are alone or in an environment where they are expected to live independently. Enrolling at StedyChefs helps students to be able to assess dangers
within the kitchen and helps them to learn and follow basic recipes that they may use in a household environment.
Following the same lessons and recipes, students can attend StedyChefs as an alternative provision. The service is really enjoyable for all, and a great alternative to your regular ‘day centre’.
Skills for Employment
If a student is particularly wanting to enhance their skills further, they or their parents / carers can speak directly with the tutors to discuss what areas they will need to work on, and a timeframe that they believe they will be able to achieve their
Level 2 Food Hygiene Certificate and obtain a placement.
- How can I access this service?
- Call us, use the contact form on the website, or you can pop in and see us in action at the address above in Fazakerley.
- When is this service open?
- Enquiries are answered Monday – Friday 9am- 5pm
- How much will it cost me?
- Course costs at various prices, please ask one of the team for more information.
- Disabled access
- There is access to parking at the rear of our building, gender-assigned toilets, and hand rails. We are not wheelchair accessible.
- How to get there
- 1 minute walk from Rice Lane station
- What should I expect?
- Our staff will show you round to view our site, production kitchen, all our facilities. We are currently offering free taster days for any users who may be interested. Get in touch with a member of the team to pick a date most suitable for yourself.
- Social media
We have created a Facebook Group to give parents and carers advice, opportunities, advice, discussions and have general chat about disabilities.
- DBS checks
- All staff have DBS checks
- Professional accreditation or registration
- Safer food, better business packs. Independent Cookery Schools Association
- What groups of people is this for?
- People with a learning disability
- What age groups is this for?
- 16-17 18+
- What areas of the city is this for?
- People from anywhere in the city
- 0151 936 1968