StedyChefs are a Learning Centre based in Fazakerley which teaches valuable skills through cookery. These skills can be beneficial for an individual who is living independently, looking to gain the correct knowledge to go into a workplace environment or
even just to boost confidence and make new friends.
Courses are not suitable for people with severe disabilities who would struggle holding knives/kitchen tools.
During their time at StedyChefs, students will have the opportunity to learn the correct skills, policies and procedures that are expected within a commercial kitchen.
Students that enrol at StedyChefs will work towards gaining a Food Hygiene Certificate and learning the skills that they can transfer into a workplace. Evidence of learning and progress is always recorded.
Users who are not suitable to further onto a career have the opportunity to also join in our courses. This gives the student the ability to pick up skills that they can use in their daily life and help to build friendships with others who have a similar
interest to them.
This gives a great opportunity for students to gain valuable knowledge that they wouldn’t receive in a typical day centre.
Hard work never goes unseen, as our students are constantly showing progression and success – we like to reward them every 6 weeks with a trip out, usually this is Cookery Related. For all of the trips which we plan, we try to engage the students to learn
about the module which they are currently focusing on.
You will have:
- Service Provided
- Uniform Provided
- Lunch Provided
- Transport Service Available
- How can I access this service?
- Send us an email or call us, or you can pop in and see us in action at the address above in Fazakerley.
- When is this service open?
- Our courses usually run Tuesday – Thursday 9:30AM – 3:30PM. We can offer bespoke courses on Mondays
- How much will it cost me?
- Course costs at various prices, please ask one of the team for more information.
- Disabled access
- There is access to parking at the rear of our building, gender-assigned toilets, and hand rails. We are not wheelchair accessible.
- How to get there
- 1 minute walk from Rice Lane station
- What should I expect?
- Our staff will show you round to view our site, production kitchen, all our facilities. We are currently offering free taster days for any users who may be interested. Get in touch with a member of the team to pick a date most suitable for yourself.
- Social media
We have created a Facebook Group to give parents and carers advice, opportunities, advice, discussions and have general chat about disabilities.
- DBS checks
- All staff have DBS checks
- Professional accreditation or registration
- Safer food, better business packs. Independent Cookery Schools Association
- What groups of people is this for?
- People with a learning disability
- What age groups is this for?
- 16-17 18+
- What areas of the city is this for?
- People from anywhere in the city
- 0151 936 1968