Activities for people with neurological conditions.
Tea, coffee and company
- Monday 9th May 2022, 10:30am – 12.30pm at The Brain Charity and online
There will be a mixture of advice and information available along with the opportunity to meet up with other people who have neurological conditions, to share experiences and have a chat. Sign up on the website.
- Monday 12-1pm at the Brain Charity
Do you like reading? This session provides readers with the necessary support to allow them to enjoy materials they may not be able to read on their own. Held in The Brain Charity.
To reserve your spot, please sign up on the website.
Walking football for Parkinson’s
- Monday 12:30-2pm at The People’s Hub – Everton in the Community, Spellow Lane L4 4DF
Everton in the Community is delivering fun, inclusive and low-impact walking football sessions for Brain Charity clients living with Parkinson’s and other neurological conditions.
Sessions are free to attend and held on an all-weather 3G AstroTurf pitch.
- Monday 1-3pm at the Brain Charity
It’s long been said that “laughter is the best medicine”, so why not put that theory to the test with laughter yoga.
If you fancy having a laugh with us, sign up on the website.
- Tuesday 4 – 5.30pm on MS Teams 17th and 31st May 2022
Join us for a fun cook-along with MasterChef’s Raheel Mirza.
Raheel will teach these live classes online, so you can attend from anywhere in the UK.
All the necessary dry ingredients, such as herbs and spices, will be posted out to you before each class to use as you wish.
This virtual course will be held over MS Teams. Sign up online.
Knit & natter
- Wednesday 10am-12pm at the Brain Charity and online
Enjoy a pleasant morning chatting and knitting together with like-minded people.
Our friendly ‘Knit & Natter’ group have an ongoing project to knit squares for a quilt, so it’s ideal for beginners. Accomplished knitters may bring along their current projects, and maybe share some of their skills too.
Anyone affected by a neurological condition is welcome to attend, including friends and carers.Sign up on the website.
Wednesday 2.30-4pm at The Brain Charity
Do you want to enhance your knowledge in maths? Come and enjoy free tutoring in a fun and relaxed environment, where you will have the opportunity to meet other people and learn together. Sign up on the website.
English & IT Class
- Thursday 10:00am – 12:30pm at the Brain Charity
These classes offer the opportunity to improve both your English language and computer skills at the same time.
Learn to improve your writing using office programs and free online services in the cloud.
If you have any questions about this group please call us on 0151 298 2999 or
Still life art class
- Thursday 26th May 2022, 1 – 3pm at the Brain Charity
Fun-filled, still life art session where you will also have the opportunity to meet and socialise with like-minded people. Sign up on the website.
Meditation and flow
- Friday 2.30 – 4pm at The Brain Charity
Come along to our free meditation and flow sessions to enjoy a session of gentle stretching and maybe make some new friends.
We have just 10 places available, so if you would like to attend this group please book your place on the website.
- Friday 4 – 5pm at the Brain Charity
The Brain Charity Choir meets on Friday evenings. There’s free tea and coffee provided to warm up those vocal cords and the aim is to enjoy ourselves and socialise whilst gaining some singing skills. Sign up on the website.
We no longer run a drop in session on a Friday. Please call us to make an appointment if you need help with welfare benefits, employment issues or require carers advocacy.
- How can I access this service?
- Book your place by calling or emailing us unless it is a drop in.
- When is this activity on?
- See the main description
- How much will it cost me?
- Free unless otherwise stated
- Disabled access
- The Brain Charity car park is for Blue Badge holders only. Ramped entrance. Lift. Accessible toilet in the foyer.
- How to get there
- Liverpool Lime Street Inter-City Station is less than five minutes walk from The Brain Charity. Facing the departures and arrival boards, leave the station at the exit on your left. Turn right at the taxi rank, and immediately left (narrow street with Ma Egerton’s Pub). This street is called Pudsey Street and runs at the back of the Empire Theatre. At the end of the street turn right into London Road. Cross over at the pedestrian lights, and walk up London Road to the next major junction, where there is a large blue building on the corner. Turn left into Norton Street. The Brain Charity is on the left.
- Social media
- What groups of people is this for?
- People with a brain injury
- What age groups is this for?
- What areas of the city is this for?
- People from anywhere in the city
- All Enquiries
- 0151 298 2999