Activities for people with neurological conditions.
The Brain Charity is supporting action to slow the spread of the coronavirus/COVID-19, so we are moving our events, classes and workshops online following the latest guidance from Public Health England and the NHS.
Virtual Coffee Morning
- Every other Monday 10:30-11:30am
This will be a social event using Zoom – a chance to get together, chat and share helpful tips during this time of self-isolation. Please
email Shaun and he’ll send you the Zoom meeting ID and password.
- Tuesday 9:30am-12:00pm
This Covid-safe English course at The Brain Charity is tailored to each person’s individual needs and our tutor, from Liverpool Adult Learning Service, will enable you to learn at your own pace so that you can achieve your very best.
The course will suit learners from entry level to level 2.
Numbers are strictly limited to allow for social distancing. If you’d like your name to be added to the list please let us know by calling our reception on 0151 298 2999, or email us.
Online exercise session
- Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday from 11am-12pm
The Ataxia North West support group have kindly opened up their sports sessions to clients of The Brain Charity. These guided, low impact routines are led by Greenbank Sports Academy trainers. Just
send Michelle an email letting her know you’d like to join as we will be doing this through ‘Zoom’ and she’ll need to invite you.
- Tuesday and Thursday 1:00-2:00pm
For more information, or to register your interest, call us free on 0800 008 6417 or email us.
- Every other Tuesday 1:00-3:30pm
If you lack confidence with computers, come and find out more about them with our Covid-safe course from Liverpool City Council Adult Education.
You’ll learn all about the mysteries of the world wide web, email, office programs, apps, tablets and how to access free online services in the cloud.
Those who already have some computer skills can find out about new developments in I.T. and refresh their skills.
Numbers are strictly limited to 7 per class to allow for social distancing.
If you would like to attend this group please let us know by calling us on 0151 298 2999 or by emailing us.
- Tuesday 1:00 – 3:00pm
All the materials needed for these classes will be mailed out to participants, free of charge, each week.
Capacity for this course is limited. If you’d like to join, please email Shaun to book your spot today.
Online Craft Club
- 11am-noon, every other Wednesday
Join us for these relaxing sessions of paper-crafting with Emily and learn how to make some beautiful things to brighten up your home or gift to friends and family.
Capacity is limited for this free course. If you’d like to join, please email Shaun to book your spot today: Shaun@thebraincharity.org.uk
- Every other Wednesday 2:00-3:00pm
Loosen up & relax with our bi-weekly, chair-based yoga sessions. Free for anyone affected by a neurological condition from anywhere in the UK.
If you’d like to get involved, please email Shaun to book your spot.
- Thursday 1:00-2:00pm
Capacity for this course is limited as we will arrange for free delivery of the materials you’ll need to take part in the course to your home.
If you’d like to get involved, or to find out more, please email Shaun to book your spot.
- Thursday 2:30-3:30pm
Run in collaboration with The Rehab Physio. Hour long sessions that focus on pilates to relieve pain and keep your body active on lockdown.
If you’d like to join, please email Shaun to book your spot today: Shaun@thebraincharity.org.uk
Adult Dance Class
- Friday 1:00-2:00pm
Join us each week for accessible, chair-based dance in the comfort of your own home..
Capacity is limited for this free online course. If you’d like to join, please email Shaun to book your spot today: Shaun@thebraincharity.org.uk
We no longer run a drop in session on a Friday. Please call us to make an appointment if you need help with welfare benefits, employment issues or require carers advocacy.
- How can I access this service?
- Book your place by calling or emailing us unless it is a drop in.
- When is this activity on?
- See the main description
- How much will it cost me?
- Free unless otherwise stated
- Disabled access
- The Brain Charity car park is for Blue Badge holders only. Ramped entrance. Lift. Accessible toilet in the foyer.
- How to get there
- Liverpool Lime Street Inter-City Station is less than five minutes walk from The Brain Charity. Facing the departures and arrival boards, leave the station at the exit on your left. Turn right at the taxi rank, and immediately left (narrow street with Ma Egerton’s Pub). This street is called Pudsey Street and runs at the back of the Empire Theatre. At the end of the street turn right into London Road. Cross over at the pedestrian lights, and walk up London Road to the next major junction, where there is a large blue building on the corner. Turn left into Norton Street. The Brain Charity is on the left.
- Social media
- What groups of people is this for?
- People with a brain injury
- What age groups is this for?
- What areas of the city is this for?
- People from anywhere in the city
- All Enquiries
- 0151 298 2999