Self-care health education for unemployed or economically inactive people aged 19+ in Liverpool.
The project is designed to help individuals in longer term unemployment/economic inactivity, but those recently made redundant by covid 19, will also be considered.
What’s on offer?
Holistic Health Checks (Ullet Road)
Give yourself an hour to discuss any health concerns you have with a qualified acupuncturist. She will ask you top-to-toe questions with a holistic approach, and help you decide your priorities for treatments, classes and courses to support you.
Traditional acupuncture (Ullet Road)
Your medical history is assessed, and according to the patterns identified, a selection of acupuncture points is chosen. The fine needles are inserted to rebalance the flow of energy within the body. This makes acupuncture a fluid and responsive healing
system which creates an environment for change.
Bach Flower Remedies
Help to restore positive mental health and emotional balance.
Tibetan Sound Healing
Reduces stress and creates a deep sense of peace.
What courses do we run?
Learn how to restore emotional balance and resolve negative feelings and thinking patterns. Explore the 38 remedies, through a small group interactive course. Experience the remedies for yourself, and how to use them to help friends and family.
The EU funded courses are available to unemployed and economically inactive individuals resident in the Liverpool City Region.
The Community Training Programme
Friendly, supportive interactive courses to boost your self-confidence and motivation when thinking about volunteering, training or jobs.
What classes do we run?
This beginner short course will introduce you to the fundamentals of meditation practice, and support you in forming your own meditation group.
Qi Gong/Tai Qi (Zoom)
A wonderful way to stretch your body, make you feel stronger and walk taller.
See flyers at the bottom of this page.
- How can I access this service?
- Email Kate to register your interest. Courses are currently planned on Zoom.
- When is this service open?
- Acupuncture treatment is available now, on a first come basis, once eligibility has been confirmed. Bach Flower Remedy Course starts Tue 25 Apr 2021 9:30am. Other individual course dates will be set when sufficient interest has been generated. Enquiries are answered Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm
- How much will it cost me?
- All treatments, workshops and classes are funded by the European Social Fund and are free of charge to participants.
- What areas of the city is this for?
- People from anywhere in the city
- Kate Anderson