Coronavirus – changes to our activities
Reading by Phone
We can provide a weekly meaningful engagement by phone for anybody who needs it. You can call our hotline or use our email address to register yourself, or with their permission, register someone who might benefit. Call 0151 729 2250 between the hours of
10am and 4pm, Monday – Friday or email
Let us know how you’re getting on, what you’ve been doing to stay in touch with your group members, and ask any questions via the hotline 0151 729 2250 or send an email at
We’re also running online support workshops for our brilliant Reader Leader volunteers – head over to the Shared Reading community hub for more details about those.
Shared Reading online
- Every Tuesday from 1pm, and every first Thursday of the month at 7pm
- We’ll be hosting Shared Reading live led by a member of our Learning and Quality team. Head to our
Facebook page to take part.
Information on non-reading activities (heritage walk available) can be found
What is Shared Reading?
Shared Reading is a powerful group experience that sparks connection, reflection and discovery. By providing a creative and safe space to explore our inner lives and develop meaningful relationships with others, Shared Reading improves wellbeing and builds
What happens at a Shared Reading group?
In Shared Reading, a Reader Leader shares a piece of great literature with a group of people, bringing the words to life through live reading aloud and discussion. We choose great poems, stories and plays because they offer a powerful language with which
we can explore our inner lives.
Who is Shared Reading for?
Absolutely everyone! We read with people all ages, backgrounds and abilities, everything is read aloud, all our groups are free to attend and everyone is welcome to join in. Whether you’ve been reading all your life or have never picked up a book before,
you’ll find a warm welcome in a Shared Reading group.
- How can I access this service?
- See the main description
- When is this service open?
- Groups take place at different times and days of the week. General enquiries are answered Monday – Friday 9.00am – 5.00pm
- How much will it cost me?
- Social media
- What groups of people is this for?
- The general public
- What age groups is this for?
- Any age
- What areas of the city is this for?
- People from anywhere in the city
- All enquiries
- 0151 729 2200