Creative, learning and leisure activities including walking, theatre, scrabble, languages and gardening.
See the events page for what’s on and contact details of each activity.
U3A membership is not related to a specific age but more to a period of your life the ‘third age’ after the ‘second’ one of work/parental responsibility. Anybody in their ‘third age’ can join a U3A including people working part-time. There is no lower age
See the groups and events on the website below to get an idea of the kind of things going on.
If you are no longer in full-time employment or raising a family, a new world of opportunity awaits.
- How can I access this service?
- Join us at our meeting, or fill in an application form on the website and mail it with your fee to the Membership Secretary whose address is on the form
- When is this service open?
- See the events page. Meeting is held on the third Thursday of each month at 2:00 p.m. (doors open 1.30 p.m.) Admission subs. £2 for all attendees.
- How much will it cost me?
- £10 annual membership fee. Visitors pay £3, Members £2, subs. for the meeting. Some groups charge c.£1.50 for room hire.
- Social media
Follow the University of the Third Age (national) on Twitter
- What groups of people is this for?
- The general public
- What age groups is this for?
- Any age
- What areas of the city is this for?
- People from anywhere in the city
- Contact via the website