Service for anyone aged 12-25 who identifies as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans*, other sexualities and gender identities, or are questioning their sexuality or gender identity.
Online and telephone support available. YPAS latest support information and response to Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak
New – GYRO Liverpool Parents group
The group is for parents of transgender and non-binary youngpeople, or those exploring or questioning their gender.
Please can parents/carers email firstname.lastname@example.org to book a place.
GYRO for young people – How it works
You will be greeted by a member of staff who will take you to do some paperwork and tell you about what we do. You can ask us any questions. We like to think we are friendly and experienced, there is nothing to worry about.
Sometimes we talk about serious issues like LGBTQ+ rights and issues and other times we have food, games and socialise. You can self-refer by just turning up at the group or have someone make a referral. We do not tell anyone that you are seeing us UNLESS
you have been referred by a professional or there is a safeguarding issue.
Groups run every week online
- Thursday 4-5pm LGBTQ+ (16-25 years)
Please email email@example.com for more info
Appointments for Information, Advice & Guidance (IAG) available on request. A dedicated Information, Advice and Guidance (IAG) worker with an LGBT+ specialism is also available for confidential support if you find groups difficult to engage with. We can
help with things like self-esteem, anxiety, coming out, sexual health and same sex relationship advice, reporting hate crimes, as well as answering any other questions you may have! Our aim is to improve your mental health and wellbeing.
- How can I access this service?
- If you would like to talk to someone in confidence please phone or email or drop in to one of the sessions. You can message us on Facebook Mon-Fri.
- When is this service open?
- Drop in – Tuesday 4pm-6pm: 12-16 years GYRO. Wednesday 4pm-6pm: 12-18 years TAY. Thursday 6pm-8pm: 18-25 years GYRO. Office hours are Monday – Friday 9am-5pm.
- How much will it cost me?
- Social media
- What groups of people is this for?
- Lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people Young people
- What areas of the city is this for?
- People from anywhere in the city
- All Enquiries
- 0151 702 6087