Provide a range of health and wellbeing activities (hybrid and F2F) for members (older people who may otherwise experience social isolation and difficulties in accessing mainstream services due to language and cultural barriers) several times a week to ensure they stay connected within the community.
What Evergreen Club does
- Provide an opportunity for the elderly to participant in workshops and seminars to raise awareness and understanding of the local health and social care services
- Provide skills and knowledge on self care including prevention of ill health and managing chronic conditions
- Provide indoor activities include games, karaoke, Choir, exercise, Pom Pom Dancing, arts and crafts.
- Hold parties to celebrate traditional Chinese festivals and members birthdays.
- Organised trips to cultural and historical places of interest and local green spaces.
- Inform on current public debates
The Evergreen Club leaflet and programme can be downloaded from the website.
- How can I access this service?
- For further information, please call Ms Nannan Lu or see the information leaflet (link in the main description)
- When is this service open?
- Enquiries are answered Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm
- How much will it cost me?
- Membership fee is £5.00 per annum renewable each year on 1st April.
- Disabled access
- All venues used for Club activities have disabled access
- Is translation or interpreting available?
- We provide translation and interpreting in a number of Chinese dialects, including: Mandarin, Cantonese, Hakka, See Yip, Fukien, Shanghainese and English
- Social media
Follow us on Twitter
- What groups of people is this for?
- Older people
- What areas of the city is this for?
- People from anywhere in the city
- Ms Nannan Lu
- 0151 709 2643