|1. Owner and operator of this Website||Liverpool Advocacy Rights Information Development and Equality CIC (“Laridae”) trading as Healthwatch Liverpool manages this website on behalf of Wellbeing Liverpool. Wellbeing Liverpool is delivered in partnership between Citizens Advice Liverpool and Healthwatch Liverpool.|
|2. Purpose of these terms and conditions (‘Terms and Conditions’)||To set out the terms and conditions of the use of the Website by a user (‘Website User’) in either of the following capacities:
· As a provider of goods, services, memberships of clubs or the like, volunteer activities etc. wishing to advertise on the Website (‘Provider’):
· As a person looking to purchase goods, services, memberships, take part in volunteer activities etc. from or with a Provider, or any other visitor the Website (‘Customer’).
|3. Acknowledgements by the Website User||By using this Website, each Website User acknowledges and agrees that:
· The Website User has read and understood these Terms and Conditions.
· These Terms and Conditions (and no others) will apply to such use.
|4. Purposes of the Website||To enable Customers to obtain contact and other information about Providers to supply Customers with goods, services, memberships, volunteer activities etc.|
|5. Whether the Website User should rely on anything on the Website as professional advice||· The contents of the Website are for information purposes only.
· Nothing in this Website should be read as a substitute for professional advice.
· Laridae recommends the Website User obtains suitable expert advice on any matter that reasonably requires it.
· Any warnings and advice given on the Website regarding protections a Customer should observe when dealing with Providers should be read as not exhaustive.
|6. Extent to which Laridae is obliged to allow a Provider’s details to be included on the Website||At its discretion.|
|7. Extent to which Laridae is entitled to remove a Provider’s details from the Website||It may do so at any time, at discretion.
Given the Provider is not paying Laridae for the publication of the Provider’s details on the Website; the parties agree this is reasonable.
|8. Extent of the Council’s liability to the Website User for the Website User’s losses, damage or costs in relation to the following:|
|(a) Any inaccurate, incomplete and/or out-of-date information indicated on the Website||· Laridae’s liability is excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
· In relation to contact and other information relating to a Provider: Laridae is completely reliant on the Provider ensuring its information is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
|(b) Any acts or failures to act by any Provider whose information is provided on the Website||Laridae’s liability is excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
The parties acknowledge the following:
· Laridae will not be responsible for any aspect of the provision of any goods, services, memberships, volunteer opportunities etc. provided by the Provider.
· Any arrangement for the provision of such goods, services, memberships, volunteer opportunities etc. is entirely between the Provider and the Website User.
|(c) Removal of a Provider’s details from the Website for any reason||· Laridae’s liability to the Provider is excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
· The parties acknowledge that this is reasonable, given that Laridae imposes no charges on the Provider for inclusion of the Provider’s details on the Website.
|(d) Non-availability or discontinuation of the Website||Excluded to the fullest extent permitted by Law.|
|(e) Any links to third party websites indicated on the Website from time to time||Excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law, particularly in relation to the following:
· The content of such third party websites.
· Any goods and/or services etc. offered by the operators of such third party websites.
· Whether such links work.
|9. Nature of advice given by Laridae on the Website||It is only intended to be a general guide.
Such advice is not intended to be exhaustive, nor tailored to any specific circumstances.
|10. Ownership of copyright and other intellectual property relating to the Website (e.g. URL, written content, artwork, logos, software etc.)||Such intellectual property belongs to Laridae or its third party licensors and not to the Website User.
The Website User shall not have any propriety interest in, or any right to use such intellectual property. Exception: to the extent otherwise indicated in clause 11, or to the extent otherwise permitted in writing by Laridae or the third party licensor.
|11. Right of the Website User to copy, print out or otherwise use intellectual property described in clause 10||Only as follows:
· To display content of the Website on an electronic screen.
· To print out pages, but only for personal, non-commercial purposes.
|12. Specific restrictions on the right of the Website User to copy, print out or otherwise use intellectual property described in clause 10||The Website may not do the following (without limiting the Website User’s restrictions under intellectual property law and regardless of clause 11):
· Publish any content of the Website in any way.
· Use any trademarks or logos of Laridae for any commercial purpose.
|13. Data protection||Laridae is a registered data controller and will only use information supplied in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and GDPR.
Any information provided by individuals and organisations will only be used for the purposes of the Directory and will not be shared with third-party organisations or in conjunction with any other information sources.
Individuals and organisations are responsible for the accuracy of the information that they provide.
Individuals and organisations can request that their information be removed from the directory at any time or request the information Laridae holds.
If a User does not wish to receive a cookie, then he/she must set his/her web browser to reject or deny it.
In Internet Explorer this can be done by adjusting the privacy settings within “Internet Options” from the “Tools” menu. However, if cookies are turned off it will disable some of the functionality including ‘favourites’ and ’shortlisting’.
|15. Data processing on this website||Laridae may from time to time collect and store the following information in relation to a visit to the website that is automatically recognised.
Visitors remain anonymous as Laridae does not seek to link any of the data collected to any individual.
The information only allows Laridae to assess the popularity of the pages on the website, so that continual improvements can be made to the site.
|16. Discontinuation of the Website||Laridae may discontinue the Website at any time, without requiring notice to (or permission of) any Website User.|
|17. Amendment of these Terms and Conditions||Laridae may do so at any time by publishing such changes on the Website.
Laridae is not required to give notice to (or obtain the permission of) any Website User.
|18. Acknowledgements of Laridae and each Website User in relation to the ‘entire agreement’||· These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between Laridae and each Website User on the relevant subject matter.
· No Website User relies on any warranty or representation regarding the Website except as expressly indicated in these Terms and Conditions.
|19. Governing law||These Terms and Conditions shall be construed according to English Law.|
|20. Resolution of disputes between Laridae and any Website User||Disputes between Laridae and each Website User regarding the Website (and the Website User’s use of it) and these Terms and Conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.|
|21. Waiver||No waiver of any rights or powers of Laridae under these Terms and Conditions is valid unless made in writing, and clearly indicating that it is a waiver of a right or power.|
|22. Severability||· If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is held by any court or similar body to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason, the relevant provision shall be modified by removing or altering those parts of that provision that create the invalidity or unenforceability to the minimum extent necessary to allow the provision to be held to be valid and enforceable.
· If this is not possible, the entire provision shall be severed from these Terms and Conditions, and the remaining provision shall remain in full force and effect. This clause has no effect to the extent any modification, removal or severance is inconsistent with public policy or materially alters the fundamental nature of this Agreement.