A community of runners that also does tasks which support community organisations.
Essential tasks for the community. Find out how we’re helping.
Due to the current social distancing guidelines during the Covid-19 outbreak, we have paused Group Runs.
We run in groups to local organisations that need our help to complete tasks like shovelling earth for community gardens, planting trees or clearing derelict land We run there and run back in about 90 minutes.
All fitness levels are welcome and we never leave anyone behind. Group runs are led by qualified running coaches who help you with your running technique and support you to achieve your fitness goals.
The group will run every Monday from Hope Street Hotel unless otherwise stated.
You can request free help for a community project from this link.
Request practical support for an older person
Know someone over 60 who wants a hand with a practical task they can no longer do on their own? You can
make a request from this link
for one-off practical tasks that last a minimum of an hour, and volunteers decide how much longer they stay for (no longer than three hours). The runners run to the home of the older person, carry out the task, then run home. These are called missions
and include things like gardening, changing light bulbs, and moving and putting together furniture.
All of our runners who take part in missions are DBS checked and are fully trained. As our volunteers run to the location they are not able to provide tools, so these have to be organised before they arrive. Likewise arrangement also need to be made for
disposing of any waste.
- How can I access this service?
- Sign up on our website. If you have any questions please email or call us and we’ll do our best to help.
- When is this activity on?
- GoodGym meets inside the Hope Street Hotel between 18:00 – 18:30, usually in the Board Room on the lower ground floor. Ask at reception for directions. General enquiries are answered 9:30 – 18:00 Monday to Friday.
- How much will it cost me?
- You don’t have to pay to run, but if you decide to become a member you can opt to make a donation if you like. We recommend a monthly donation of £9.95 but we certainly don’t want anyone not to join because they can’t afford it; asking our runners to cover their costs helps us keep the project alive.
- What should I expect?
- There’s space to change and leave bags and toilets. We’re not planning to do anything purposefully dangerous, but GoodGym takes no responsibility for your safety during group runs, you participate at your own risk. Participants accept full responsibility for items stored at the Hope Street Hotel, and the Hope Street Hotel and GoodGym will not be held liable for any losses or damages.
- What should I bring with me?
- Wear shoes and clothes suitable for running. Gardening gloves depending on the activity.
- Social media
Follow us on Twitter
- What groups of people is this for?
- The general public
- What age groups is this for?
- What areas of the city is this for?
- People from anywhere in the city
- All Enquiries
- 0203 432 3920