An organisation in L8 providing a range of projects and services to the local and wider community.
Click here for information on foodbanks in L8 and organisations which offer cooked meals delivery/collection.
Services and courses
Supporting Mental Health & Wellbeing
We are developing a range of courses to support people as we ease out of the current restrictions – the first being our
Walking Groups. We will be able to go walking with small groups of 6 people. If you have been stuck in the house and want the opportunity to get out, have a walk, a natter and maybe a coffee or two, you can register for our weekly walk using
As of 19 April 2021, we are currently recruiting for 3 different Driving Theory courses (two of which are face-to-face!) – these 6 week courses will all provide you with free 3 months access to the official DVSA learning zone materials and on completion
of the course a free Driving Theory test.
You can register for:
- Driving Theory for Employment – an online only course using zoom
- Joseph Lappin – Driving Theory for Employment – this is a face-to-face course based at the Joseph Lappin Centre in Old Swan
- Al-Ghazali – Driving Theory for Employment with ESOL, this is a face-to-face course based at the Al-Ghazali Centre with additional English for Speakers of Other Languages
- How can I access this service?
- Call or use the online form
- When is this service open?
- Enquiries are answered Monday to Friday from 10am to 4pm but sometimes we need to close for staff training.
- How much will it cost me?
- All our courses are free to eligible people
- Disabled access
- We have limited disabled access but there is access to our UK Online suite and toilet located on the ground floor
- How to get there
- Our Centre is located on Lodge Lane, next to the L8 Superstore (a vibrant colourful fruit & veg shop), on the corner of Lime Grove. The 26/27 circular bus has stops in both directions within a block of the Centre and a variety of buses such as the 80, 75 and 86 pass either end of Lodge Lane. No specific car park is available, but on street parking is accessible on Lime Grove and other streets surrounding the centre.
- Will I have to wait to access this?
- We endeavour to accommodate everyone during our drop-in sessions, but occasionally we are oversubscribed in which case we would do everything to accommodate you on the next available session.
- What should I bring with me?
- Courses – please bring your National Insurance number with you as we use this as your unique reference number when registering you.
- Can I bring someone with me?
- Yes, you can bring someone with you, but we have no facilities for looking after children whilst you are being seen.
- Social media
- DBS checks
- All our staff and volunteers are DBS checked and appropriate staff have undertaken safeguarding training relevant to the tasks they are undertaking.
- What groups of people is this for?
- The general public
- What age groups is this for?
- What areas of the city is this for?
- People from anywhere in the city
- All Enquiries
- 0151 734 4925