An organisation in L8 providing a range of projects and services to the local and wider community.
Face to face activities may have been suspended. Contact the centre before turning up.
GTDT Walking Group
Aims to help people transition from isolation and shielding to some type of normality. Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday.
For this reason our walking groups are small, only 6 community members per session, this way we can remain socially distancing but are still able to meet new friends and have a natter.
If you would like to get involved with these small, friendly walking groups then please email
firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
We have remote methods for continuing group-based work which will use tools such as:
- ‘Talking Tuesday’ – Each Tuesday we like to give local residents a quick phone call to have a chat with them and just check in on them. If you know anyone who would benefit from a weekly phone call, send us a message and we will get in
- Video conferencing using Skype or Zoom
- Learn My Way and other online learning resources such as YouTube
- How can I access this service?
- Call or drop-in
- When is this service open?
- Enquiries are answered Monday to Friday from 10am to 4pm but sometimes we need to close for staff training.
- How much will it cost me?
- All our courses are free to eligible people
- Disabled access
- We have limited disabled access but there is access to our UK Online suite and toilet located on the ground floor
- Is translation or interpreting available?
- How to get there
- Our Centre is located on Lodge Lane, next to the L8 Superstore (a vibrant colourful fruit & veg shop), on the corner of Lime Grove. The 26/27 circular bus has stops in both directions within a block of the Centre and a variety of buses such as the 80, 75 and 86 pass either end of Lodge Lane. No specific car park is available, but on street parking is accessible on Lime Grove and other streets surrounding the centre.
- Will I have to wait to access this?
- We endeavour to accommodate everyone during our drop-in sessions, but occasionally we are oversubscribed in which case we would do everything to accommodate you on the next available session.
- What should I expect?
- We provide everyone with a warm friendly welcome and information relevant to the service you have chosen to access with us.
- What should I bring with me?
- Please bring your National Insurance number with you as we use this as your unique reference number when registering you.
- Can I bring someone with me?
- Yes, you can bring someone with you, but we have no facilities for looking after children whilst you are being seen.
- Social media
- DBS checks
- All our staff and volunteers are DBS checked and appropriate staff have undertaken safeguarding training relevant to the tasks they are undertaking.
- What groups of people is this for?
- The general public
- What age groups is this for?
- What areas of the city is this for?
- People from anywhere in the city
- All Enquiries
- 0151 734 4925