Community based health and fitness classes, working mostly with older people and adults with mental health problems.
Exercises are suitable for beginners, new and returning exercisers unless otherwise stated.
all classes | Facebook |
Outdoor classes | Face to face indoor classes | Online classes |
- 50+ Outdoor Boot Camp 4pm Meeting point: Beechwood Road South, Aigburth, L17 6EX. If weather is inclement, class will be online instead via the usual Zoom link. Regular updates on WhatsApp group
Walking Group 11.00am in Sefton Park. Free
Meeting point: entrance gates to the Palm House, L17 1AP
- Walking Group at 2.00pm in Garston Coastal Reserve. Free
Meeting point: Coastal Reserve public car park, L19 8LY
- Fun Fitness 9.30am St Mary’s Church Hall £3 (indoor)
- Functional Fitness 2.30pm Lark Lane £4 (indoor)
- Functional Fitness 2.30pm Anfield Sports Centre £3 (indoor)
Wednesday (Lark Lane Community Centre)
- Dance: 9.30am
- Boxercise: 10.30am
- Toning: 11.30am
- Functional Fitness: 2.30pm
- £4 per class or £6 for two on Wednesdays (all indoor)
Functional Fitness: 2.30pm Anfield Sports Centre £3 (indoor)
Please note that numbers are limited at present to 10 participants at Lark Lane classes and 8 at Anfield and St Mary’s so please book early to avoid disappointment.
Online classes Jump to Facebook |
Face to face classes | Online classes |
- Box & Tone 10am Facebook
- Online Fitness 11am Facebook
- Functional Fitness 2.30pm Zoom
- 50+ Boot Camp 4pm Zoom/Outdoor
- Toning 10am Facebook
- Chair-Based 11am Zoom
- Virtual Escape Pain 4pm Zoom
- Box & Tone 10am Facebook
Virtual Escape Pain 4pm Zoom
- Dance 10am Facebook
- Toning 11am Facebook
- Stretch 12pm Zoom
- Functional Fitness 1pm Zoom
ESCAPE-pain Jump to Facebook |
Face to face classes | Online classes
A five week NHS rehabilitation programme for people with chronic hip and/or knee pain.
Integrates an exercise regimen with educational self-management and coping strategies.
As always face-to-face sessions will be charged at £25 per person, refundable on completion of the course. Virtual classes are free.
We have 3 options available to patients.
- ESCAPE-Pain SOUTH (Lark Lane) – current sessions Monday 6th September-Wednesday 6th October, 1pm-2.15pm
- ESCAPE-Pain NORTH (Anfield SCC) – current sessions Tuesday 7th September- Thursday 7th October, 1pm-2.15pm
- Virtual ESCAPE-Pain – current sessions Tuesday 7th September-Thursday 7th October 4pm-5.15pm
All sessions run for 5 weeks, 2 sessions per week, and last around 80 minutes.
If you’d like to join, please e-mail us or give us a ring on
0151 728 8874. The course is suitable for people living with knee or hip arthritis.
- How can I access this service?
- Book online
- When is this activity on?
- See the timetable above for the different classes, days and times
- How much will it cost me?
- Online classes are free. Donations accepted.
- Social media
- What groups of people is this for?
- The general public
- What age groups is this for?
- What areas of the city is this for?
- People from anywhere in the city
- All Enquiries
- 0151 728 8874