A website with free online courses for beginners, helping them to stay safe and connected.
Learn about these subjects:
- Using your computer or device
- Online basics (using the internet, online form, email, internet safety)
- More internet skills
- Online safety
- Finding a job online
- Improving your health online
- Managing your money online
- Public services online (using public services online, Universal Credit: a how to guide)
Helping someone else learn
You can download our learning guides to help someone learn about the internet.
The website also has ‘communications checklists’ which show you how to keep in touch with friends and relatives using email and various apps (Skype, Messenger, WhatsApp and FaceTime).
- How can I access this service?
- Visit the website, cilck ‘Start learning now’ and register your details. A link for finding an online centre near you is in the main description
- When is this service open?
- The website can be accessed anytime
- How much will it cost me?
- Free. You need internet access
- What groups of people is this for?
- The general public
- What age groups is this for?
- Any age
- What areas of the city is this for?
- People from anywhere in the city