A community project based in L13.
Lister Steps are restoring the old Lister Drive library into a new facility for the local community and running a range of community-based events & activities.
Lister Steps at The Old Library hosts a number of regular activities during the week Monday- Friday. We try to provide free activities or keep them as low cost as possible so everybody from our community can get involved. If you see any activities you might want to get involved with and want some more information, please email email@example.com or call our reception on 0151 2541394.
More details of each activity can be found on the website. Small charges may apply.
- 10-12pm Knit and Natter
- 1-3pm Art for All. Each session is just £2 and his includes teas and coffees.
- 1-3pm Beginners Sewing Class
- 1.30-3pm Family History Research Group
- 3.30-4.30pm Creative Writing £2
- 10-11am Parent & Baby Class Designed for pre-walking babies from around 6/8 weeks up, and contain a ‘little bit of everything’ to support your babies natural development. The sessions include: baby yoga, massage, music, sensory play and more. Sessions cost £3. To book please visit: https://bookwhen.com/strengtheningwellbeingtogether
- 11.30-12.30pm Coffee Morning
- 5.15-6.15pm Latin and Ballroom Dance Class for Adults by BC Danceport. Classes are £6 each or £30 for 6 sessions
About the Old Library
The Old Library, formerly ‘The Andrew Carnegie Library’, was opened in 1905 and this impressive & historic building served the public as a library until its closure in 2006. Now Lister Steps, with support from the National Lottery Heritage Fund (NLHF), will restore this Grade II listed building to its former grandeur and create a landmark for the local community. The Old Library will allow Lister Steps to offer an extended range of community services that can help to make our area better for everyone. The Old Library will be a place where people can come together, have fun, learn new things and celebrate our community’s heritage. Building work began in April 2019 and the finished building is expected to open in the spring of 2020. In the meantime, we have lots of exciting events and activities going on whilst construction is underway.
- How can I access this service?
- Some activities needs pre booking
- When is this activity on?
- See the main description. General enquiries are answered Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm
- How much will it cost me?
- Free unless otherwise stated
- Social media
- What groups of people is this for?
- The general public
- What age groups is this for?
- Any age
- What areas of the city is this for?
- People from anywhere in the city
- The Old Library Project enquiries
- Childcare & family services enquiries
- 0151 294 1354