Dial-a-ride service for people with mobility problems or difficulties, who cannot use ordinary public transport some or all of the time.
The vehicles are designed for easy access and passenger comfort and include:
- Wheelchair access.
- Anchorage points for wheelchairs. *
- Low steps.
- Wide, comfortable seats.
- Seatbelts for all passengers.
- On-board communications.
Merseylink drivers are caring, friendly and familiar with the needs of people with mobility problems. The service is free for members and a truly essential travel companion.
*If you use a wheelchair you must ensure that it is transport-friendly.
You are eligible for Merseylink membership if:
You live in Merseyside and
You receive the Mobility or Care part of Disability Living Allowance or Personal Independent Payment (mobility or daily living component at the enhanced rate only) (we need to see your allowance book or the notification of the value of the allowance being
paid to you).
You receive Attendance Allowance at the higher rate only (we need to see your allowance book or the notification of the value of the allowance being paid to you).
You are registered blind (we need to see your Blind Registration document).
You recieve War Disablement Pension (with a mobility supplement or higher rate care allowance).
You have a serious disease (such as terminal cancer) which is getting worse and is causing you sight or movement problems. (We need to see written confirmation from your doctor).
- How can I access this service?
- Complete an application form then send it with a recent passport photograph and proof that you are eligible, which must be one of the documents listed on the website
- When is this service open?
- Monday – Sunday, 8am – 8pm
- How much will it cost me?
- Free for members
- What should I expect?
- If you use a wheelchair you must ensure that it is transport friendly.
- What groups of people is this for?
- People who are physically disabled People with a sensory disability
- What age groups is this for?
- Any age
- What areas of the city is this for?
- People from anywhere in the city
- Cancellations or enquiries If you use RNID TextRelay, dial 18001 before the number.
- 0151 330 1002