5km run suitable for beginners held in Princes Park, Toxteth.
In line with the latest guidance on the lifting of restrictions across England, and operating within our already approved COVID-19 framework, we currently
- all 5k parkrun events across England will return on Saturday 5 June 2021.
The route is on paths, although some sections of the course do accumulate mud, leaves and puddles after rain. Dependent on availability, marshals will be at key sections of the course, or signs will be in place.
Starting in the middle of the park, run down towards the bottom of the lake, around the outside of the lake and up to the top of the park, run 3 laps of the park perimeter anti-clockwise.
On the third lap cut back into the middle of the park for a fast finish. The park is completely enclosed and is quiet early on.
- Please arrive by foot, by pedal-power or by public transport if you can – your efforts help to reduce our impact on the park and the planet.
- Please consider volunteering to help occasionally – this event survives only because of your generosity. Tasks may be organising the finish funnel, operating the timer, or scanning the runners’ barcodes with our simple barcode readers.
- Please ensure that you are fit enough to walk, jog, run 5k (3.1 miles) with us.
- Please remember that the parkrun uses shared paths. For the continued success of the event, please give way to other park users. This won’t hurt your time, it won’t stop you from getting a Personal Best and it will make sure everyone continues to enjoy
You don’t have to be fast. We all run for our own enjoyment. Please come along and join in whatever your pace.
- How can I access this service?
- Please register before your first run by going to the website and follow the instructions. Only ever register with parkrun once. Don’t forget to bring a printed copy of your barcode. We meet in the middle of the park, south of the lake
- When is this activity on?
- Every Saturday at 9:00am
- How much will it cost me?
- How to get there
- By Train: Nearest station is St Michaels (1 mile walk). By Bus: From Liverpool One Bus Station: Take a number 27, 75 or 80 bus to Granby St, Toxteth (0.2 mile walk). Getting there by road Princes Park lies off Ullet Road (B5342) and Princes Rd/Princes Ave (B5175). Best parking off/near Ullet Road
- Can I bring someone with me?
- Children under the age of eleven must be accompanied (within arm’s reach) throughout the run by a parent, guardian or appropriate adult of the parent’s choice.
- Social media
Find us on Facebook
- What groups of people is this for?
- The general public
- What age groups is this for?
- Any age
- What areas of the city is this for?
- People from anywhere in the city
- All Enquiries