Regular friendly phone call to older people who live alone and feel isolated.
Do you know an older person who lives alone and is feeling lonely? Whether they’re a friend, relative, neighbour, service user or patient, we’re here to help.
How does it work?
- Our call companion’s idea is very simple:
- A volunteer call companion regularly calls the same older person for an informal chat
- They talk on the phone two to four times a month at a mutually agreed time
- Calls will last for around 30 minutes.
- How can I access this service?
- To refer yourself or a guest, you can call us, or fill in the online form or printable form at the bottom of this web page and send it to us. To volunteer, fill in the form online.
- Who can refer me to this service?
- Anyone can introduce an older person to us, including family, friends, social and health care professionals, day centres, churches and other charities. We welcome referrals from NHS link workers.
- When is this service open?
- Enquiries are answered Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm. Tea parties take place on Sunday afternoons
- How much will it cost me?
- Our group activities are free of charge for our older guests. Call to 0800 numbers are free from landlines and mobiles
- Social media
- What groups of people is this for?
- Older people
- What areas of the city is this for?
- People from anywhere in the city
- All enquiries - freephone
- 0800 716543