Provides free telephone-based befriending for people affected by sight loss.
Regular phone-based befriending can be arranged at a convenient time for you. Our services are all staffed by trained volunteers, who have close experience of sight loss.
Our telephone-based befriending service is designed to reduce loneliness and isolation in the visually impaired community.
We match befrienders and befriendees based on common values and interests for a telephone call once a week at an agreed day and time.
Sightline believes in the intrinsic value of befriending relationships and provide the service for as long or as little as people feel they want it.
- How can I access this service?
- You can just call or email us. You can also contact us using our online form
- When is this service open?
- Office hours are 9am to 5pm, Monday to Thursday.
- How much will it cost me?
- 0800 numbers are free to call from BT landlines and most mobile networks.
- Social media
- What groups of people is this for?
- People with a sensory disability
- What age groups is this for?
- Any age
- What areas of the city is this for?
- People from anywhere in the city