Activities and support for the community.
We are open & offering support to those who are being asked to shield or don’t have extended family to help out. If you know anyone living alone in L8 who you would like us to call on & make sure they’re doing ok, email
email@example.com or call 0151 728 2323
Face to face classes are currently postponed due to COVID-19.
Services and activities
In the garden. Free.
Our online guitar class now has over 10 videos from special guest musicians.
Learn English at The Florrie
- Beginners ESOL on YouTube. Aimed at those with no experience of English, learning the language for the first time.
Advanced ESOL on YouTube.
For those who have some experience in English & want to improve their understanding.
Free counselling for young people
The Florrie Food Support Programme helps people & families in L8 & L1 who may be struggling with food poverty. Our Food Union provides people access to affordable groceries, toiletries, baby products & clothing. We also deliver food parcels to vulnerable
people in our community using our electric delivery van.
The Florrie Food Union
The Florrie Food Union is open to anyone who lives in L8 or L1. It costs £1 to become a member which gives you access too a fortnightly shop in the union. Each shop costs £5 for which you’ll receive 10 items worth a far greater value. Members also have access
to a range of discount clothing & other household items which will vary from visit to visit.
To become a member please head down to The Florrie, 377 Mill Street, L8 4RF Monday to Friday 9am-4pm. To sign up you will need proof of address & your £1 membership fee.
- How can I access this service?
- Some activities needs booking – see the main description
- When is this service open?
- Food parcels Monday to Friday 12-3pm. Centre Monday – Friday 9am-4pm
- How much will it cost me?
- Some activities are free. Donations welcome. Small charges to others. See the main description. Donations accepted.
- Disabled access
- The building is accessible for wheelchair users. Limited on site parking available.
- How to get there
- The Florrie encourages bicycle travel with plenty of racks to secure your bikes. Buses to Park Road are 82, 422, 473, X1 and X22. The Florrie is a 5 minute walk away. Buses to Mill Street are 30, 103, 202, 204 and 800. They stop right opposite The Florrie.
- Can I bring someone with me?
- You are welcome to bring people with you and children are welcome to attend our community hub activities.
- Social media
- What groups of people is this for?
- The general public
- What age groups is this for?
- Any age
- What areas of the city is this for?
- People who live in L8
- All Enquiries
- 0151 728 2323