Tide (Together in Dementia Everyday) is a UK-wide charity for carers & former carers of people living with dementia.
Tide connects, mobilises & supports carers of people with dementia to recognise their own value & contribution to society. Carers tell us that their voices are often not heard & their own needs go unrecognised. We build skills, knowledge & confidence so
that carers can speak up & influence change in society.
- You can become a member of Tide by signing up here
- Join our private peer support group on Facebook
- Take part in our Wednesday Coffee Mornings on Zoom, 10.30 – 11.30 am.
- Follow us on Facebook & Twitter
Specific Carer Groups
- Carers of people living with Young Onset Dementia:
First Tuesday of the month, 7.00pm – 8.00 pm.
- Carers of someone living in Residential Care:
Second Tuesday of the month, 1.30pm – 2.30pm
- Former Carers:
Last Wednesday of the month, 4.00pm – 5.00pm
- Home Carers:
Second Wednesday of the month, 7.00pm – 8.00pm
Merseyside/Cheshire Virtual Meet-Up
This group meets every Thursday, 12.00 noon – 1.00pm. All carers & former carers of people living with dementia are welcome to come along for peer support, discussion, advice & ideas. You can register
Merseyside/Cheshire Carer Workshop Sessions
4 of our workshop sessions are running online using Zoom & are available to all carers & former carers of people living with dementia:
Welcome to Tide:
An overview of Tide’s work & the variety of opportunities available
You Can’t Pour from an Empty Cup
Take time to look at your own emotional wellbeing, understand your triggers, & find key practical skills to use.
Getting Your Point Across
Strategies, tips & hints to help you prepare for tricky conversations & get your point across effectively
Living Grief & Bereavement
When caring for someone living with dementia, loss is not only felt at the end of life. This session acknowledges & gives you the opportunity to talk about the grief & loss felt while caring for someone living with dementia.
If you have any questions, talk to Sarah (Carer Involvement Lead for Merseyside & Cheshire). She will be very happy to talk you through what we do, answer any questions, & generally keep in touch. She can be contacted on:
07704 168867 or SarahBB@tide.uk.net
- How can I access this service?
- You can call or email us, or join the Facebook group
- How much will it cost me?
- Our activities are free to all carers & former carers of people living with dementia
- Social media
- What age groups is this for?
- What areas of the city is this for?
- People from anywhere in the city