Cycling initiative for people with disabilities and people who would otherwise not be able to cycle.
Each centre provides a range of specially adapted cycles, which means that anyone can experience the feeling of freedom, the breeze on their face, and the sense of achievement that comes with inclusive cycling.
There are Wheels for All leaders and volunteers at every centre, with the knowledge and confidence to work with adapted cycles for every participant, young or old, to enjoy the benefits of cycling. Each centre welcomes individuals, groups and families who can come along and enjoy a lovely hour or so together on a cycle, regardless of their ability or cycling needs.
We can also provide Wheels For All training to give individuals, carers and support staff the confidence to work with adapted cycles with the people they support or family members so that all can enjoy the benefits of cycling in a sociable environment.
Wheels For All weekly sessions
- Resumes 26 February 2024.
- Croxteth Hall 12:00 or 13:00 Booking link
- £5 per person.
- Meeting behind Croxteth Hall by the Disabled Car Park.
- Supporters/carers can cycle or attend for free.
- Resumes 20 February 2024.
- Springfield Park 11:00 or 12:00 Booking link
- Enter the park via the entrance on Alder Road, and turn right into the new car park, which has extensive blue-badge parking space.
- The first session is free, ongoing sessions cost £5.00 from then on with the carer/support attending free forever.
- Adapted cycles and helmets will be provided at the site.
- How can I access this service?
- Email/text/call the service to book a place
- When is this activity on?
- See the main description.
- How much will it cost me?
- First session free, then £5 per session. Carers free.
- Social media
- What groups of people is this for?
- Carers People who are physically disabled
- What age groups is this for?
- What areas of the city is this for?
- People from anywhere in the city
- All enquiries