Centre for women offering information, activities and support.
We have Zoom rooms, online services and support over the phone.
Jump to What’s On
The Centre is currently closed as a temporary measure due to the latest Covid-19 restrictions. This will be reviewed on a weekly basis.
We are continuing to use two numbers as follows:
Centre number is 0151 707 1826 or 07708 381 568
WHISC services are staffed 10am – 3pm Monday through to Thursday.
Up to 30 minute, one-to-one sessions on the phone for any woman looking to improve their English. Please call WHISC to book with Annie.
For crisis support, listening ears, walk ‘n’ talk, and solution focused therapy. Call us to book.
For Financial Crisis Support, please call and book with Kelly on either number above.
Menopause, Gynaecological, Postnpartum & Perinatal Health Support
Call to book phone support with volunteer Dr Ishrat Urmi on either of the above numbers.
WHISC are a Hate Crime Reporting Centre. A hate crime is any incident which the victim, or anyone else, thinks is based on someone’s prejudice (e.g because of race, religion, sexual orientation, disability, or gender). We are here to support you.
Timetable as of 12 March 2021. Back to top
- 3 pm Yoga with Jodie in WHISC’s Zoom Room – Accessible class from the comfort of your own home. Good for beginners. Please click on
this link to book your place. *We ask that you keep your camera on for this session please.
- 10.30 – 11.30 am Fun Zoom Exercise Class – Please email Lisa at email@example.com for the Zoom link.
- 2 – 4 pm Ukulele Via Zoom – Please email Moyra at firstname.lastname@example.org for the Zoom link.
- 10 am – 12 midday
Do It Course– Support via Zoom. Please email Moyra at email@example.com to find out more.
- 10.30 – 11.30 am Chair Based Exercise – Incorporating gentle yoga. Contact Lisa at
firstname.lastname@example.org for the Zoom Room link.
- 12 – 1 pm Cuppa and a Catch Up Join Faye for a mood lifting chat via Zoom. All welcome. To attend please email
- 1.30 – 3 pm Mental Health Support Group via Zoom – If you wish to attend the group please email Liz at
email@example.com so that she can email you with a Zoom invitation for the group.
- 11 am – 12 midday
Do It Course – Support via Zoom. Please email Moyra at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
- 3 pm Get Lit – An Introduction to Literature. Please email Moyra at
for your Zoom link.
- 10.30 – 11.30 am Fun Zoom Exercise Class – Please email Lisa at
email@example.com for the Zoom link.
- 12 midday – 3 pm Domestic Abuse Project – Appointments with Lisa for support, signposting and referrals. Please call to book.
- 3 – 4 pm Ukulele Via Zoom – Please email Moyra at firstname.lastname@example.org
for the Zoom link.
- How can I access this service?
- Call or email
- When is this service open?
- Staffed 10am – 3pm Monday through to Thursday.
- How much will it cost me?
- All classes are free to attend but voluntary donations are always welcome.
- Social media
- What groups of people is this for?
- The general public
- What age groups is this for?
- What areas of the city is this for?
- People from anywhere in the city
- 0152 707 1826