Centre for women offering information, activities and support.
WHISC are continuing to provide services for women. We have Zoom rooms, online services and support over the phone, as well as being able to visit the Centre.
Jump to What’s On
To attend any of the training, workshops or online groups, or to make an appointment please telephone WHISC on
0151 707 1826 Monday to Thursday, 10am – 4pm or email us as below.
For crisis support, listening ears, walk ‘n’ talk, and solution focused therapy. Call us to book.
For Financial Crisis Support, please call and book with Kelly on either number above.
Drop-in & Appointments
Monday 10-12.30 Appointment only 1.30-4.00 Drop in open
Tuesday 10-12.30 Drop in open 1.30-4.00 Appointment only
Wednesday 10-12.30 Appointment only 1.30-4.00 Drop in open
Thursday 10-12.30 Appointment only
Friday & Saturday Closed groups and appointments
We are offering massages. COVID status and payment are requested in advance please.
Menopause, Gynaecological, Postpartum & Perinatal Health Support
Call to book phone support with volunteer Dr Ishrat Urmi on either of the above numbers.
WHISC are a Hate Crime Reporting Centre. A hate crime is any incident which the victim, or anyone else, thinks is based on someone’s prejudice (e.g because of race, religion, sexual orientation, disability, or gender). We are here to support you.
Wednesday’s at WHISC. Please call to book with volunteer Elena.
Timetable as of 16 September 2021. Back to top
- 10.30am -12.00pm Knitting and Crochet – a 6-week course providing projects for both beginners and the more advanced. To book a place email email@example.com
- 10.00 am – 12 midday All About Diabetes – 7-week course with Maggi Williams. To book or to find out more, please call WHISC on 0151 707 1826.
- (The above two courses take turns to run in our training room, please contact us for dates)
- 12.30 – 1.30 pm Tai Chi – at St.Lukes (Bombed-Out Church) with Lis D. Please email
firstname.lastname@example.org to book.
- 2.00 – 3.00 pm Tai Chi – with Lis D on 27th September. Contact WHISC to book on 0151 707 1826.
- 4.00 – 5.00 pm Tai Chi via Zoom – Please email email@example.com.
- 12-1pm Belly Dancing Gentle, low impact oriental belly dance class with Miki. No dance experience required. Suitable for beginners. Booking essential.
- 1.30 – 2.30 pm Soul Spa – Every Tuesday at WHISC. Booking Essential.
- 1.30-3.00pm Mental Health Support Group via zoom – To attend, please email
firstname.lastname@example.org (This zoom group will move to a Wednesday at the same time from the 22nd September).
- 2 – 4 pm Ukulele Via Zoom – Please email Moyra at email@example.com for the Zoom link.
- 10 am – 1 pm
- 10.30 – 11.30 am Fun Exercise Class in North Liverpool, VNC Vauxhall Neighbourhood Council Silvestrian Suite, 1-3 Augustine Street (Off Silvester Street) L5 8YD. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for
- 11am – 12 pm
Do It – support via ZOOM. Please email email@example.com for more information.
- 1.30 – 3 pm Looking After Your Mental Health via Zoom – Coming soon. Face-to-face programme of 6 sessions for 6 participants using creative approaches to develop and maintain mental health and wellbeing. To book please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 8.00 – 9.00am Tai Chi via Zoom – Please email
1pm Walking to Recovery – Perfect for women with anxiety, depression or experiencing isolation. Connect whilst we walk and talk to attain and maintain your health and wellbeing. Starts at Princes Park, Toxteth (Meet at the Wooden Henge in
Princes Park). To book your place, please email email@example.com Please provide your name, contact number and let us know if you have used WHISC’s Services before.
- 3 pm Get Lit – An Introduction to Literature. Please email Moyra at
for your Zoom link.
- 10.30 – 11.30 am Fun Outdoor Exercise Class – Weather permitting, at St. James Park in the grounds of the Anglican Cathedral. Email Lisa for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 3 – 4 pm Ukulele Via Zoom – Please email Moyra at email@example.com
for the Zoom link.
- 11 am – 2pm Saturday Club – For the integration of all women, whose first language is not English. Refugees and asylum seeking women particularly welcome. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for
- How can I access this service?
- Call or email
- When is this service open?
- Staffed 10am – 3pm Monday through to Thursday.
- How much will it cost me?
- All classes are free to attend but voluntary donations are always welcome.
- Social media
- What groups of people is this for?
- The general public
- What age groups is this for?
- What areas of the city is this for?
- People from anywhere in the city
- 0152 707 1826